Thursday, June 2, 2011

Faith

In Matthew 17:20 ( KJV ) the bible says:
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you
I heard a story the other week on the radio that made me think of this verse. The story goes something like this:

One summer in a certain town the land had gotten dry from lack of rain. The garden that a young girl and her mother had was withering and dying due to the lack of water. One night when the mother was putting the young girl to bed and they where kneeling to pray the both realized that they needed rain and so they prayed to God that it would rain the next day. The next morning as the little girl was on her way out the door to catch the school bus her mother saw that she was carring her umberal. The mother asked her daughter why she was taking her umbrela to school as the weather man had no rain in the forcast for that day and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The girl replied by asking "didn't we pray for rain?". The young girl took her umbrela to school that day.

This story made me think and ask myself how often do I pray for someone or some issue in my own life and fail to do what the young girl in the story above did. How many times to I actually put Faith behind my prayers and actually believe that God will take care of the problem. Now no we can't order God around but he does say he does hear us and that he is concerned with our lives and problems. He tells us to pray to God and to lift each other up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment